Thursday, April 29, 2010

Robert Pattinson Makes TIME Magazine's World's Most Influential People


Robert Pattinson
By Chris Weitz


I have to be careful about what I write here because it will be tweeted the moment TIME hits the stands. And if I say something bad about Rob Pattinson, I'm dead meat. That's the devotion the Twilight films inspire. It's certainly not how he planned it. And though I am continually impressed by the aplomb with which he handles the hysteria, I occasionally think he would take it all back if given the chance. Because essentially, Rob, 23, is a reserved, bookish sort of specimen, a guy who'd rather spend the night at the corner table in the pub with friends — a bit of a weirdo, frankly, in the best sense.

So how to write about someone who seems to answer Freud's rhetorical question, What do women want? Perhaps it's just worth pointing out that it'd be fun to have a beer with him even if he weren't Edward Cullen. That we haven't seen a tenth of what he can do onscreen. And that important things, beyond the veil of Hollywood, occupy his time too — music, conversation, ideas, a sense of the absurd. Which, maybe, explains why he never gets to my e-mails. I love you, Rob! Call me!

Weitz directed The Twilight Saga: New Moon

Time

8 comments:

Ursula said...

Chris Weitz is so funny! :)

behnaz said...

i love himmmmmmmmmmm

JLC said...

Chris Weitz is great, his description of Rob is probably the most accurate we will ever hear...."a bit of a weirdo..in the best sense"

JLC said...

Just so no one thinks I am dissing Rob - weirdos are the most interesting and creative people.

Kristin said...

JLC, I second that. Rob seems great as a real person.

Cindygal said...

...great article, even more reasons to love Rob!!! I would love to have a conversation some day with Rob! :-)

LTavares2011 said...

For the most influential man of the world

Since the very first time I saw Robert Pattinson, he was smiling. I became delighted with his soft voice, his stare full of joy and youth. He got me with his gentle way to thank people for an award he had received. He got me!
Photos, videos, magazines, books, fansites, films, researches and I was addicted. He knocked down my whole world, now I can`t imagine nothing better to do than doing nothing just to stay looking to his beautiful smile every day.
Rob influences many people around the world, of all ages, with his spontaneous attitudes, his charisma, his inteligence, his talent, his good will, his passion for reading, for acting and for music. Maybe in the future he won`t have millions of fans as now (I doubt), but Robert Pattinson`ll continue having his soft voice, his stare full of joy and youth, his gentle way, his talent, inteligence, generosity, his integrity and will still be one of the most influential men of the world.

That is for you Rob. I love you!!

meleny said...

Que lindo Todo lo que escribiste LTavares2010, me encanto! I love Chris, he's a very nice wonderful person.